where I go, who I meet, and what I think in Europe

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 1 in Paris

This morning, I got on a train in Aachen, Germany, and three hours later, I was in Paris, France. Isn’t Europe wonderful?! You can switch countries so easily. I met up with Justin this afternoon at the train station (platform 10 to be exact) and it was just like old times! He just makes me laugh so easily, he shared stories about last night’s events and people he’s met recently. Justin kept me very busy this afternoon; we walked to the grocery store and got his laundry. Then we did some spring cleaning in his apartment because he’s giving his key away on Monday when I leave.

Around 7:30, Justin met his friend Chris so they could go to the gym, and I went to the canals. Now I ask you, “is it possible to get lost finding the canals when you are two blocks away?” Cleary, I am living proof that it is possible. It took me about 45 minutes, with a map mind you, to find them. I literally walked right by them, but I really didn’t mind because it allowed me to take in the local color. I spent about an hour walking up and down the canals. I even skipped some rocks like Amelie does in my favorite movie. See the video of my adventure. After we got home, Justin made us some dinner (salad with a fried egg on top which is very French), and it was very good. Then, we sat around and checked Justin’s emails from his students. They are expected to make a ten minute presentation tomorrow and over half the class e-mailed him claiming they were sick and unable to make the presentation. It was quite hilarious to read the e-mails because the illnesses are sooooo over the top. He wants to “kill them all!” haha.

Tomorrow, Justin has to teach for most of the day (aka watch presentations), but I have plenty of things to do. I am heading out towards the Louvre and markets. I’ll spend most of the day on my own, but I don’t mind that. I have my camera which always keeps me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers