where I go, who I meet, and what I think in Europe

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Waiting...

I made it to NYC safely. Now I just have to wait ten hours until I can leave for Dusseldorf, Germany. Surprisingly, I already waited out 3.5 out of 10. However, I am not over the hill yet. JFK airport is so gigantic; I don’t think I have ever taken a flight out of here before. Terminal 4 which is where I currently am has a lot of places to sit down and eat, so I’ve been reading Eclipse (the third book of the Twilight series). I plan to finish it today. Since I am not willing to pay for internet, this won’t get posted until later, but I need something to do with my time.

I’ve decided to devise a short list of activities I want to do specifically while in Ireland that don’t include the typical sigh- seeing. I have a pretty filled agenda for Germany, Paris, and Amsterdam. While in Ireland I want to:
1. Fish with a local
2. Hitchhike (I’ve been told this is very safe to do)
3. Learn a little Irish step dancing
4. Learn how to swear in Gaelic
5. Become a regular at an Irish Pub
6. Milk a cow
7. Swim in Co. Cork
8. Listen to the stories of the locals
9. Try lots of new foods
10. To be filled at a later date…

I’ll keep you updated as I check this list off. I hope in two months they can all be accomplished. I just find it hard to believe that after three years of planning and dreaming I am actually going to Europe. Many people (Mom, Alexandra, Dr. Baloche) can testify how hard I have worked to get to this spot. Well now it’s been about 4 hrs at JFK…time to move onto something else. Until next time…


8 hrs later...
I have arrived safely in Duisburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers