where I go, who I meet, and what I think in Europe

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My 1st night in Duisburg

Yesterday was great! I arrived at the Dusseldorf airport at 7:30 am. I went through customs, got my suitcases, and met up with Lothar and Birgit Anders. We went to their house in Duisburg, Germany. I had a second breakfast with them which consisted of Brotchen (bread rolls) and meat. I caught up with the family who I haven't seen for a very long time, and I proceeded to take a nap. I was surprised I was so tired because I slept a lot on the plane trip. I slept until 3. I went to Dominik and his girlfriend, Marina, to Duisburg city. We shopped and got icecream. The icecream presenation was absolutely gorgeous. I had vanilla ice with baileys and chocolate on top. Delicious! I came hope and ate again! I was in a stage of constant fullness yesterday. Then around 8pm Dominik and I went to pick up a bunch of his friends to head to Krefeld. We went to a bar and hung out for several hours. Then we went to a club called Konigsburg. We danced and drank; it was great fun. I recognized most of the music, so of course I danced a lot! Clubs in Europe are open until 6 or 7 am. Everyone could not believe our bars closed at 2 am. They felt bad for me...haha. Everyone spoke English most of the time, so I understood everything. I only wish I could speak a word of German. After the club we got Doner (pronounced Doona) which is a Turkish food very similiar to a gyro. It was Lecker! (Delicious) Then I slept until 1 pm today. I guess I am still trying to get on the hours here. In about an hour, I am going to see "Angels and Demons" with Dominik, Marina, and friends. I hope it's good!

Below is a video I took in the club. It gives you an idea how huge this place was! The song that is playing was a technofied song from Pirates of the Caribbean. I found it very amusing




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers